- metalwork manufacturing cluster added 169 new jobs and $7.8 M in additional earnings to the region over ’06-’11
- top growing segments offer $46,284 average earnings per person working in the industry
- Motorcycle, Bicycle, and Parts Manufacturing added 101 jobs from 2006-2011 and $5.1 million dollars in new earnings
- Small Arms Ammunition Manufacturing added 33 jobs from 2006-2011 and $1.4 million dollars in new earnings
- Machine Shops added 24 jobs from 2006-2011 and an estimated $1.0 million dollars in new earnings
The Black Hills Region and surrounding trade zones are home to 50 metalwork manufacturing firms in top-growing industry segments and that have 25+ employees. Large employers in the Black Hills and surrounding trade zones include: Westech Wotco (200 employees); L&H Indl Inc. (150 employees); JW Williams Inc (150 employees); Wotco Inc (100 employees); Riddle’s Jewelry Ridco Inc (100 employees); Wheeler Manufacturing Co Inc. (100 employees); Stamper Jewelry Inc (96 employees); H-S Precision Inc (95 employees); Landstrom’s Original Black HI (90 employees); True North Steel (65 employees); Dakota Arms (65 employees); Black Hills Ammunition (50 employees); Ultramax Ammunition (50 employees)
Please take the Business Issues Survey and share your insights into doing business in the Black Hills and surrounding region.